PRUE included into Top-100 QS BRICS 2014
On 18th of June 2014 presentation of the results of the Second QS University Ranking: BRICS 2014 was held in Beijing (PRC). This year Plekhanov Russian University of Economics not only was included into the ranking for the first time, but took a posion among TOP-100 BRICS universitites.
QS University Rankings: BRICS, a dedicated ranking of the top 200 universities in the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa). Ranking shows which universities are the top performers in these key emerging economies, based on eight major performance indicators. It draws on two huge global surveys of academics and employers, combined with data on faculty/student ratio, research paper publications and citations, proportion of staff with a PhD, and percentages of international faculty and students.
Launched in 2013, the QS University Rankings: BRICS is designed to highlight the top universities in the five BRICS countries – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
The project, developed by QS in collaboration with Russian news agency Interfax, emerged from a desire to better highlight and track progress made by each of the five BRICS countries in the higher education field, and to facilitate comparison of universities in nations that share certain key socio-economic dynamics.
For the last year PRUE increased efforts in strengthening University's potential in the following directions:
- department of international positioning, dealing with methodologies of international university rankings and developing recommendation according to rankings' demands, was formed for assuring competitive growth and strategic priorities development;
- new approach to creation of academic referrers listing was applied;
- new English version of PRUE official site was launched to promote academic and research services of the University
- publications of PRUE academic teaching staff registered in SCOPUS database were properly located;
- new strategic plan for internationalization and communication development was approved for the next 5 years.
According to QS University Rankings: BRICS PRUE made a progress in academic and employer reputations (position 63 in TOP-100), as well as improved index of international faculty and international students (position 90 in TOP-100).